Somehow, someway Valentine’s Day always seems to show up sooner than expected. For me, it feels as if I was just putting away my Christmas decorations from the holiday season. If you’re like me, I tend to prefer to celebrate this special day of love in subtle and fun ways, without breaking the bank account.
For this year, my other half and I ended up commemorating Valentine’s day throughout the weekend. From special dinners to starting a Stranger Things marathon (I may be overly obsessed with this show!), this year’s enchanting events inspired me to celebrate such moments of compassion and love each and every day. Below, I’ve rounded up 5 simple ideas you can celebrate this Valentine’s Day with that special someone, and make it a magical experience to embrace each day.
5 ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day, everyday
- Create a new dinner dish that neither of you have tasted before (we ended up using Pinterest to cook up a balsamic-glazed, baked chicken that was AMAZING)
- Go out for coffee and breakfast for dinner ( this creates such unique dining experience to relish, along with the delicious options to treat those breakfast taste buds)
- Write as many gratitude notes as you like for your special partner in crime to bring up the beautiful memories that have led to where you both are now (this will sure bring up a radiating smile that you love to see)
- Create an in-home movie theater with extra popcorn, nutella, and your favorite old-time movies/t.v. series (this is definitely one of my favorite ways to put aside the mobile devices and cozy-up with my special half)
- Go out and have a photo shoot session to put up new pictures throughout the home (this creates a great reason to dress up and be the center of attention with one another)
P.S. My Valentine’s Day outfit was heavily inspired by the upcoming Spring/Summer trends showcased throughout New York Fashion Week. From bright pastels to statement polkadots, I have a feeling these trends are here to stay and make the world much brighter! Scroll below for full details into this whimsical and color-popping look!