The concept of giving back and making a difference in others’ lives is looking, and tasting, sweeter than ever before. Just a few months ago, Tampa, Fl was introduced to a novel way of doing good via dessert. Combine raw, edible cookie dough flavors with a stellar social movement, and you get the must-have recipe by Dough Nation.
This past week I had the privilege to sit down and chat with one of the masterminds behind this successful initiative, Chef Kristiana. Our conversation left me even more inspired with the belief in a promising future for Tampa Bay. Curious to take a deep dive into the innovative world of Dough Nation? Scroll below to discover further fun facts and to get a glimpse into the latest dessert treats.
Sweet Fun Facts on Dough Nation
- The minds behind the heavenly flavors, aka the chefs, are multi-faceted individuals with diverse skill-sets and a robust passion for achieving and sharing self-sufficiency.
- The arts of culinary is a common source of motivation among the employees and volunteers, an exemplary way showcasing passion in continuous action.
- Dough Nation’s culture promotes a supporting and educational ambiance, where the chefs and Metropolitan Ministries‘ students learn from and with each other in all walks of life.
- The mission, to transition the homeless into self-fulfilled individuals, is more of an intangible goal to be shared with everyone and anyone wanting to make a difference.
- The brilliant idea of edible cookie dough has already left its mark in Tampa – booming in just 6 months, clients desire cookie dough for all types of events, including weddings and birthday parties.
- An inspiring source of new ideas for flavors are the children and their favorite treat types, ultimately creating radiating smiles one scoop at a time.
A sensational aspect of this social enterprise model is the blending of creativity, passion, and sweet delights. This may, indeed, be the secret formula for a stronger community, where doing good is the norm.
As the cookie-monster that I am, I’m thrilled to have this shop in town and have the chance to indulge in one-of-a-kind desserts. From its rich and warm Toasty S’more cookie dough to its Chocolate Chip cookie dough milkshake topped with rainbow magic dust, Dough Nation is a MUST for all who are in or plan to visit Tampa Bay.
Location:Dough Nation, Tampa, Fl